Vilnius Builders’ Training Centre was established on July 1, 2000, by merging two schools: Vilnius 1st Builders ‘ School (operating since 1946) and Vilnius 3rd Builders’ School (operating since 1981), which combined their subject, professional and organizational experience.
The Centre has 160 employees, including 80 teachers. On average, 1,200 students study in the Centre per year.
The Centre provides vocational training and general basic and secondary education.
The Centre has a sectoral practical training centre. Practical training takes place in workshops and laboratories with modern equipment.
- Formal initial vocational training.
- Formal continuing vocational training.
- Non-formal vocational training.
- Improving the qualifications and competencies of employees.
- Improving the qualifications and competencies of vocational teachers in the field of construction.
- Assessment of qualifications and competencies.
- Vocational information.
- Development and improvement of vocational training programs and tools.
- Introduction of new technologies, materials, equipment.
- Construction technology consulting.
The Centre cooperates with various business enterprises. The Centre is a member of the Lithuanian Builders’ Association, Vilnius Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Industry and Crafts, Lithuanian vocational training institutions and other associations and organizations related to the sector.
The Centre has dormitories for those coming from Lithuanian regions and guests from abroad.
The Centre operates according to the certified Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2015.
The Centre implements an accredited UK company Pearson BTEC vocational training program.
An international qualification certificate is issued.
The vocational training information system is used.